You are here
There are four separate terms used in Islam for lying to protect Muslims and Islam:
Taqiyya: "dissimulation about ones Muslim identity"
Tawriya: " defined as concealing, and it could be called “creative lying” or where appropriate “lying under oath”"
Kitman: "telling only part of the truth"
Muruna: " using “flexibility” to blend in with the enemy or the surroundings"
These are the common deflections used to exonerate Islamic texts:
- Know many peaceful Muslims
- The notion that Sharia is trying to take over “absurd.”
- In every religion there are people who have had “unfortunate experiences.
- That doesn't happen in this country
- Your message is one of “hate.